We are currently in tactical and fundamental no-man’s land.
- Market reached intermediate-term oversold enough in non-recession crash to suggest the 12/24 low should be “the” low
- History of post-crash environments shows there should be a retest of the low
- Short-term overbought by every measure, even to the point where it reinforces the historical precedent of a retest
- Our rally requirement indicators recently signaled that weakness toward the lows should be used as an opportunity to add exposure rather than something to fear
- There is clear slowing in the global economy, which has been the case for the past year
- The slower it gets, the better because it should cause the global central banks to end any tightening measures
- Our January Macro Slide Deck continues to reinforce that while there is clearly a slowing in the domestic economy, the direction should remain positive, and as a result, the equity markets should recapture the highs once the current period of fear settles down
Sign up for more access!
Access additional content across the site when you sign up for an account.