- S&P equity futures are trading slightly below yesterday’s settlement. Asian markets closed mostly higher, extending their recent strength, and Europe is mixed to higher.
- The dollar is stronger vs yen and sterling, while little changed on euro cross.
- Trade continues to get outsized attention in the press, though nothing particularly new. Consensus seems to revolve around a near-term MoU and extension of the early Mar deadline.
- Fed also in focus with lots of discussion about Jan FOMC minutes release at 14:00 ET.
- Brexit also in the headlines, with UK PM May to meet EU President Juncker, with focus on potential breakthrough.
- S&P futures (2.7), or (0.10%), vs yesterday’s settlement
- FTSE 100 +0.17% to 7191.11
- DAX +0.28% to 11341.02
- Nikkei +0.60% to 21431.49
- Hang Seng +1.01% to 28514.05
- 10-year yield (1) bps to 2.63%
- WTI Crude (Mar 19): ($0.43) or (0.77%) to $55.78
- Gold (Apr 19): +$1.90 or +0.14% to $1346.70
Past performance is not indicative of future results. Index returns are unmanaged and do not reflect the deduction of fees. All expectations and data points are sourced from Bloomberg as of 2/20/19 unless noted otherwise.
Sign up for more access!
Access additional content across the site when you sign up for an account.